Customized Energy Solutions (CES) is the founding member and manager for India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) which is one of the fastest growing energy consulting & services company for the past 20 years. IESA was incorporated in 2012 to assess the market potential of Energy Storage Technologies in India, through active dialogue and subsequent analysis among the various stakeholders to make the Indian industry and power sector aware of the tremendous need for Energy Storage in the very near future. IESA aims to make India a Global Hub for research and manufacturing of advanced energy storage technologies by 2020. During the past years, IESA membership has grown from 5 to 90+ and covers verticals from Energy Storage Manufacturers, Research institutes & universities, Renewable Energy companies and Power electronics companies.
IESA has strategic alliances with 20+ global and national associations including China National Energy Storage Alliance (CNESA), Energy Storage Alliance –USA (ESA), California Energy Storage Alliance (CESA), Germany Energy Storage Alliance (BVES), Energy Storage Canada (ESC), Australian Energy Storage Alliance (AESA), Indo-German Energy Forum (IGEF), Indian Electrical and Electronics Manufacturers Association (IEEMA) and many more. It is also the founding member of Global Energy Storage Alliance (GESA) and currently chairs the global alliance including ESA (USA), CESA (California), CNESA (China), BVES (Germany) and ARE (Europe & Africa).
IESA’s vision to make India a global leader in energy storage, electric vehicle & Microgrid technology adoption and hub for manufacturing of these emerging technologies by 2022, by facilitating technology adoption.
IESA’s mission is to make the energy sector in India more competitive and efficient by creating awareness among various stakeholders in the industry and by promoting information exchange with the end users.
- Provide members key analyses of existing opportunities for energy storage in India.
- Assess the barriers preventing the adaptation of EES technologies by various market participants including utilities, independent power producers, and industrial customers.
- Help create case studies for matching the technical capabilities of various storage technologies with opportunities in India.
- Help develop outreach material for educating policymakers and regulators about the role of energy storage.
- Evaluate current financing mechanisms available for such innovative and emerging products, and propose any alternate financial models that can accelerate the adoption of these technologies in India.
- Organize stakeholder meetings with key financial institutions, project developers, and technology suppliers.
- Organize annual conference and regional events focused on bringing attention to energy storage for various target segments in India.