IESA Policy Working Group (PWG) is an initiative by IESA for its member companies to support government bodies through discussion and contribution to create robust energy storage & EV policy for India. IESA, along with its members, are continuously giving recommendations and feedback to various government bodies on their regulations and policy initiatives regarding energy storage. With the support from this group we are actively working with MNRE, MoP, MHI, Indian Railways, CERC, CEA, POSOCO, NITI Aayog, DST, Invest India and BIS, on creating a robust energy infrastructure to enable adoption of advanced energy storage technologies in India. Activities include
1) Policy advocacy to state and central government authorities
2) Responding to the key announcements/regulations/policies from Centre and State Authorities
3) Supporting the government on capacity building and in the creation of appropriate policy framework.
4) Creating a bridging link for the industry and policymakers to put forward the members wish list
- Support to MNRE & USAID in creating an Energy Storage Roadmap for India
- Joined committee on “energy storage and hybrids” formed by MNRE
- Participated in creation and launch of IRENA Energy Storage Roadmap
- Submitted paper to NITI Aayog on advanced energy storage manufacturing policy
- Stakeholders consultation for CERC staff paper on Energy storage in association with FICCI for CERC and submitted comments to CERC
- Joined EES Sectional Committee by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards)
- Actively involved with NITI Aayog on Advanced battery Giga Factories Manufacturing Plan.
- Working with tender authorities like SECI, NTPC, NLC, state utilities on energy storage procurement and tender.
- Part of MNRE “Renewable Energy Standardization Cell”
- Working With states like Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Kerala, Punjab and others
One representative from each IESA member company participates in the meetings. We encourage member companies to nominate members to be a part of these discussions.
Meeting Timing : The policy working group meetings are scheduled every month First Tuesday and is an online Meeting
Registration link for all future PWG Meeting: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8793941684494371083