The energy storage space is evolving at a tremendous pace and covers a wide variety of application areas ranging from Electric Vehicles and personal electronics to renewable integration and grid applications. The IESA Technology Working group (TWG) is created to encourage discussions among key stakeholders regarding the various technical issues underlying the energy storage & EV industry.
The discussions are focused on the following topics:
- Applications Vs Technology: Discussion on functional and technical requirements of energy storage for various applications - electric vehicles, renewable integration, wind smoothing, backup applications, diesel replacement etc.
- Technology Performance: Discussion on common metrics of performance for energy storage systems (ESS), associated test protocols, and reference duty cycles to evaluate various energy storage technologies for applications of interest.
- Safety Evaluation and standards Protocol: Discussion to increase awareness in the community regarding safety related information and standard protocols for testing of ESS systems at multiple levels namely cell, battery, stack, battery management and overall system level.
- Innovations and Advanced Technological Development: Discussions to remain abreast with cutting edge technologies which will shape the future of energy storage space.
- Recycling & Re-Use : To work on creation of framework for second life of batteries and appropriate disposal & reuse. Proper recycling rules need to be developed.
- Submitted paper to NITI Aayog on advanced energy storage manufacturing policy
- Joined EES Sectional Committee by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards)
- Actively involved with NITI Aayog on Advanced battery Giga Factories Manufacturing Plan.
- Part of MNRE “Renewable Energy Standardization Cell”
- Part of “National Programme on Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) Battery Storage” by NITI Aayog
- Closely work with DST R&D roadmap for Energy Storage and EV.
- Working With states like Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Kerala, Punjab and others
One representative from each IESA member company participates in the meetings. We encourage member companies to nominate members to be a part of these discussions
Meeting Timing : The policy working group meetings are scheduled every month second Tuesday and is an online Meeting
Registration link for all future TWG Meeting: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7159895879222248459
- Chair – Dr. Ashwini K Aggarwal, FIETE, Director-Government Affairs, Applied Materials India
- Co-Chair - Dr. Satyajit Phadke, Manager, R&D , Customized Energy Solutions