· Tenders in two bid system are invited from Electric Vehicle Manufacturers as per tender conditions for Hiring of 12 Mtr Non-AC Electric Buses (Battery Powered) on Wet Lease and Dry Lease.
· There are two options in this tender. Wet Lease and Dry Lease are the two options.
· WET LEASE: - In WET LEASE the bidder shall provide the buses along with DRIVER and KSRTC will deploy its conductor.
· DRY LEASE: - In DRY LEASE all the terms and conditions of WET LEASE are applicable except the induction of driver. KSRTC will deploy the driver and conductor.
· In this tender KSRTC will have absolute right to choose either WET LEASE or DRY LEASE alone or a combination of both as desired and deemed fit and found viable to KSRTC.
Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Prakash Javadekar this morning said that India has already achieved half of its renewable energy production target.
The government plans to achieve 175GW of renewable energy capacity by 2022 as part of its climate commitments. Reportedly, India currently has an installed renewable energy capacity of around 80 gigawatts.
Mr. Javadekar was addressing the 14th Conference of Parties (COP14) to the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) in Greater Noida.
"The world did not believe it when we announced our renewable energy target of 175 GW, which will be 40 percent of our total energy capacity. However, we have already achieved half of our target," he said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Ralph Gonsalves were also present at the event.
"We are party to the Paris Agreement. The commitment of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, towards sustainable development, is full and complete. He also played a leading road at the Paris summit," Mr. Javadekar said.
He said that the Modi government has also levied a tax on coal production, promoted e-vehicles by offering various tax concessions and set up a new ministry to tackle the water scarcity in the country.
"We will come out with an ambitious and appropriate Delhi Declaration tomorrow, which will ensure speedy restoration for degraded land for sustainable growth," Mr. Javadekar said.
He added that delegation from around 200 countries has participated in the event.
UNCCD was adopted in Paris on June 17, 1994, and was ratified by 196 countries and the European Union. India had ratified the UNCCD Convention in 1996.
The Agency of Non-Conventional Energy and Rural Technology (ANERT) has floated a tender for the design, engineering, supply, construction, erection, testing and commissioning of 30 KWp grid-connected integrated solar roofing system with battery backup and electric vehicle charging station (EVCS) at its headquarters in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Battery Requirement - 1 hour backup (1200Whr/KW).
Battery Type - VRLA/ Gel battery / Nickel Cadmium Battery.
ABOUT ASHOK LEYLAND:
Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja group, is the 2nd largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in India, the 4th largest manufacturer of buses in the world, and one of the largest manufacturers of trucks. Headquartered in Chennai, 9 manufacturing plants gives an international footprint - 7 in India, a bus manufacturing facility in Ras Al Khaimah (UAE) and another one at Leeds, United Kingdom. Ashok Leyland has a well-diversified portfolio across the automobile industry.
1. Buses2. Trucks3. Light Vehicles4. Defence Vehicles5. Power Solutions
No.1 Sardar Patel Road,
Guindy, Chennai - 600 032.
Phone : 044-22206000