FLCTD has completed 3 Annual Innovation Challenges since 2018 and has provided US $1.2million funding support to 28 Winners to demonstrate and validate the innovation in actual field conditions. On 30th October 2020, FLCTD launched the innovation challenge to identify Innovative Electrical Energy Storage Solutions and provide financial support to innovator/entrepreneur for its field validation. This year, Energy storage has been recognized as a key enabler in every aspect of modern grids including Generation, Transmission, Distribution and in urban mobility which involves the Electric Vehicles.
Who can apply?
- Indian Technical Institutes Universities, Research Institutes etc
- Start-ups in collaboration with Industry/Academia/research institutes/
- Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises,
- Public Sector Enterprises
- Government Laboratories
- Non-profit Organizations
- Technologies funded under Department of Science and Technology (DST) and other government schemes, at pre-market phase (TRL 4 - TRL 6) and ready for field demonstration.
Incentives to participation
- Grantup to USD 50,000 for winning technology
- Performance Verification to establish the efficacy of innovative technology in working conditions.
- Business Acceleration and Mentoring support from industry experts.
- Recognition from Bureau of Energy Efficiency, UNIDO and IESA.
LAST DATE TO APPLY : 18th of December 2020 !!
Click to download the brochure
About UNIDO & FLCTD Program:
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) promotes inclusive and sustainable industrial development (ISID) to assist industries of both developing countries and economies in transition. In 2016, UNIDO initiated a project called “The Facility of Low Carbon Deployment” with an objective to address technology gaps through use of energy efficiency technologies and support the deployment and scale-up. The project is being implemented in collaboration with the Bureau of Energy of Efficiency (BEE) and is supported by the Global Environment Facility (GEF). The main aim of FLCTD project to identify high-impact opportunities that have potential for energy saving as well as large-scale carbon emission reductions.
About Customized Energy Solutions || India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA):
UNIDO has selected Customized Energy Solutions (India) as the Nodal Agency to support the Project Management Unit in Planning and Implementation of Innovation Challenge in Electrical Energy Storage. India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) is a supporting partner for this Innovation Challenge. IESA is actively working in the space of Energy storage, Electric Vehicle, renewable integration, & microgrids since 2012 with 100+ members. IESA team works with various state utilities, Commercial-industrial consumers & national labs to accelerate deployment of energy storage projects & R&D initiatives. With maximum involvement with government bodies and private stakeholders on manufacturing & adoption, IESA has been working in driving and developing the Indian EV and Energy Storage ecosystem.
For more information, visit at-