About IESA, IESA Academy, IEEE and IEEE PES IAS Pune Chapter
India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) established in 2012 by Customized Energy Solutions focuses on advancement & adoption of advanced energy storage, renewable energy, green Hydrogen, microgrid, and e-mobility technologies in India.
IESA Academy is an IESA initiative to empower present and emerging workforce with subject knowledge and skill sets required for the energy sector. IESA Academy has been instrumental in actively executing various training programs (online, in-person classroom, hands-on and hybrid) by itself or in partnership with like-minded entities. The Academy has strong industry as well as academic associations and continues to offer skilling solutions also via its online Learning Management System (LMS).
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is an association dedicated to advancing innovation and technological excellence for the benefit of humanity. There are 39 societies under IEEE and society chapters under each section and many sections under region. Along with these various councils, student branches and affinity groups are working for dissemination of technology.
Power and Energy Society is the leading provider of the latest technological developments in the power and energy industry. It is involved in the formation of key industry standards and offering continuous education to members and industry.
PES-IAS Chapter Pune was established in 2003 under Pune Subsection under Bombay section. In 2010 it is immediately joined to Pune section in 2010 itself. Right from inception is one of the most active and vibrant chapter involved in organisation of socio-technical activities for benefit members and society.
About IESA Scholarship
The energy sector is experiencing an unprecedented momentum. The technologies have evolved and attained a stage where they are being commercialised. The industry is expanding in all its dimensions including favourable policies, raw material mining, logistics, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, alternate technology research and skill development.
It is, therefore, a need of the hour to provide a trained workforce that can be engaged for the advancement of energy sector. IESA has launched this student scholarship to encourage efforts and to attract more talent in this sector. The scholarship is designed to support research projects for the progress of energy storage, e-mobility, and green Hydrogen.
The awardees under this scheme can pursue their postgraduate programme in any area of specialization in any approved and accredited institution in the country. The research projects must meet with the eligibility criteria.
Scholarship Value (INR)
No. of Scholarships Offered
To become eligible for this scholarship,
- Post-graduate candidate or PhD candidate registered in any approved and accredited science and engineering institution.
- Applicant must be an IEEE or IESA student member.
- The research project should be aligned with any of the fields from energy storage, zero-carbon energy, smart grids, e-mobility, renewable energy, policies in energy sector, economics affecting energy sector, social sciences for energy sector or other relevant studies impacting clean & green sector.
Areas of Research Projects
- Use of advanced energy storage technologies for supporting:
- Large grid-scale Renewable Energy (RE) integration
- Energy access, supporting economic development in remote areas
- Energy solutions for Commercial & Industrial (C&I) customers – rooftop penetration, improving power quality
- E-mobility and charging infrastructure
- Materials for advanced energy storage technologies
- Control systems and role of AI/ML for optimization of energy storage systems
How to Apply?
- Proposal structure: Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Problem Statement, Solution Scheme/ Methodology, Tools (software, hardware if applicable), Expected Outcome, Beneficiaries/ Practical Applicability, Conclusion and References
- Proposal formatting: A4 size, Times New Roman, 12 pt., up to maximum six pages
- Please note, incomplete application form will lead to disqualification. Scanned copies of all supporting documents must be uploaded along with the application form.
- College ID
- Letter from guide/ Head of the Department
- Applications will be accepted only in online format. Apply for the scholarship at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2023IESAEmergingTechScholarship