The DST-IESA Industry Research & Development Fellowship program is a pathway for post-doctoral researchers to pursue their industrial research careers in the clean energy sector.
The fellowship program is supported by strong pillars of India’s clean energy sector - DST - the Department of Science and Technology, and IESA - India Energy Storage Alliance.
Through the DST-IESA Industry Research & Development Fellowship, DST and IESA aim to support recent Ph.D. holders to continue to pursue research on industry-informed challenges in clean energy and to drive research collaboration, translation, and commercialization of research outcomes.
We are affirmative that the fellowship will further support academia-industry interactions in clean energy research, enhance the breadth of training of academic researchers and provide them a pathway to a career in industrial research and development.
Further program details are as follows:
- Who can apply: Post-doctoral researchers, who have completed a Ph.D. within the last 3 years, are under 35 years old, and are Indian Citizens
- Research Topic: Research on industry-informed problems from the clean energy sector
- Online Submission Deadline: 15th Jan 2023
- Duration: 12 Months
- Fellowship: INR 50,000 per month (consolidated)
Research areas can include but are not limited to:
- Energy storage,
- Zero-carbon energy,
- Smart grids,
- Renewable energy,
- Policies in the energy sector,
- Economics affecting the energy sector,
- Social sciences for the energy sector, and so on.
And can include:
- Use of advanced energy storage technologies for supporting large-scale integration of renewable energy in India’s electric grid
- Supporting economic development in remote areas by improving clean energy access
- Clean energy solutions for commercial and industrial customers – e.g., rooftop photovoltaics, improving power quality, etc.
- Solutions to promote electric mobility and charging infrastructure in India
- Scaling of manufacturing of advanced chemistry cells, electric vehicles, and green hydrogen technologies
As a fellow, the fellowship program will help you lead the pathway toward industrial research and development career. Additionally, the fellowship provides multiple avenues for fellows to publicize their work through,
- Peer-reviewed Research Journals
- Emerging Technology News Magazine, and
- IESA’s Webinars, Workshops, Conferences, and Other Events
For further queries, please contact Dr. Ranjith Kishna Pai @ranjith[dot]krishnapai[at]gov[dot]in / +91820941052. (Preferred contact time: 3 pm to 5.30 pm)