This initiative is to help the current lead acid manufacturers to improve their technology and also to diversify into newer application areas. We also organize various workshops and seminars on advanced lead acid manufacturing and also encourage tender authorities to include advanced lead acid in the technology list.
Earlier, CES in collaboration with Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering set up a battery lab cum workshop at PCCOE campus, to improve the industry- institute interaction and to enhance the practical knowledge of students.
- Published a Knowledge Paper On India Lead Acid Battery Market 2016 – 2020.
- Organized Hands-On Training Program (2nd Batch) on Lead-acid Battery Operation & Maintenance and Li-Ion Overview for Solar and Electric Vehicle, 16-17 March 2018.
- Working with Pune University for testing of batteries and also conducting trainings
- Working with leading lead acid manufacturers like Exide, Amara Raja, Okaya Power and so on.
- Working on advance lead acid technology which includes Bipolar technology and carbon addition content.