IESA Policy Working Group (PWG)
IESA Policy Working Group is an initiative by IESA with its member companies to support government bodies through discussion and contribution to create a robust energy storage policies for India. Many IESA members have been actively involved in the IESA Policy working group for the past 3 years. IESA along with its members has been continuously giving recommendations and feedback to various government bodies on their regulations and policy initiatives regarding energy storage. IESA has been actively working with MNRE, MoP, MHI, Indian Railways, CERC, CEA, POSOCO, NITI Aayog, DST, Invest India and BIS among others, on creating a robust energy infrastructure to enable adoption of advanced energy storage technologies in India. A representative from each IESA member company participates in the meetings. We expect all members' active participation in IESA policy working group to give their inputs to government bodies in order to create a larger and stronger energy storage market in India. Outcomes of past IESA policy Working Group meetings include
- IESA contributed and supported MNRE & USAID in creating an Energy Storage Roadmap for India
- IESA joined committee on “energy storage and hybrids” formed by MNRE
- IESA participated in creation and launch of IRENA Energy Storage Roadmap
- IESA Submitted a paper to NITI Aayog on advanced energy storage manufacturing policy for India
- Organised Stakeholders consultation for CERC staff paper on Energy storage in association with FICCI for CERC and submitted comments to CERC
- IESA joined EES Sectional Committee by BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards)
Recently IESA Policy Working Group(PWG) Board has been created to lead policy working group activities for IESA and Indian energy storage market. IESA Leadership Council Congratulates all the leaders of IESA Policy Working Group and also encourage them to lead the group and continue the interaction with industries and government bodies to create suitable policies for India.
- IESA - PWG- Chair – Deepak Thakur, Sterling Wilson
- IESA - PWG-VICE Chair – Om Prakash, Delta
- PWG - Focus Group Leader – RE & Grid Integration : Debmalya Sen, CLP & Mr. Rahul Jain, Renew Power
- PWG - Focus Group Leader – Offgrid & Microgrid : Santosh Kumar Sharma, Eaton
- PWG - Focus Group Leader – E-Mobility & Charging Infra : Awdhesh Kumar Jha, Fortum
The policy working group meetings in the previous years have helped IESA make better representation to the government stakeholders on various issues ranging from ancillary market reforms, MNRE's energy storage task force, CERC staff paper on energy storage, CEA's RE task force, MNRE's Greening the island initiatives, energy storage manufacturing recommendations to NITI Aayog and DIPP, GST and budget recommendations to MoF and so on.
The Naional Energy Storage Mission (NSEM), National Energy Policy, National EV policy and many key regulatory changes are expected in 2018 and IESA wishes to leverage the strength of its various members to make a better representation to the government. The policy working group meetings are scheduled every month second Tuesday, it'll be a online meeting invite. Members are requested to nominate colleagues to be active in these meetings.