- Provide members key analyses of existing opportunities for energy storage in India.
- Assess the barriers preventing the adaptation of EES technologies by various market participants including utilities, independent power producers and industrial customers.
- Provide members an overview of planned and potential rule changes that can remove these barriers.
- Help create case studies for matching the technical capabilities of various storage technologies with opportunities in India.
- Help develop outreach material for educating policy makers and regulators about the role of energy storage.
- Build awareness in end users and potential investors in energy storage about successful energy storage projects from around the world.
- Assess the market potential of energy storage for various applications in India.
- Evaluate current financing mechanisms available for such innovative and emerging products, and propose any alternate financial models that can accelerate adoption of these technologies in India.
- Organize stakeholder meetings with key financial institutions, project developers and technology suppliers.
- Organize an annual conference focused on bringing attention to energy storage for various target segments in India