India Energy Storage Policy Forum 2017
Category : IESA Events
Date: 23rd September 2017
Venue: Hotel Royal Plaza, Ashoka Road, New Delhi
Exclusive for IESA Members
With our association with Global Energy Storage Alliances, we are planning to announce 23rd September as World Energy Storage Day. Why 23rd September? The sun – the largest source of natural energy – has held much importance through the ages and people have gathered throughout time to worship the sun during the days of solstice and equinox with special rituals. The Autumnal equinox occurs on 23rd September and the day and night are of approximately equal duration all over the planet i.e. the day is balanced. Interestingly the Sun enters astrological sign Libra at the autum equinox, which is the sign of Scale & Balance. Energy storage is playing a critical role in grid balancing with growing renewable energy penetration, power supply-demand management and frequency regulation. To acknowledge the balancing effects of Energy Storage, 23rd September was chosen as an apt date for the World Energy Storage Day.
On this first World Energy Storage Day, 23rd September 2017, IESA is arranging Energy Storage Policy Forum to have dialogue between industry & policy makers to understand the Energy policy scenario & future outlook in India. Energy storage plays an important role into Renewable Integration, Microgrids, Electric Mobility, Smart Grid Smart Cities initiatives by the Government of India. Indian energy storage sector is becoming interesting with 46 MW+ large scale projects announced in 2016 and 56 MWh+ of projects announced this year till date. We would like the group of key people from regulatory bodies, ministries & companies active in this sector to discuss ground level realities, status & issues of different energy storage projects in India. Your presence & valuable insights will greatly help the sector to boost their morale & confidence at this time.
On the same day, we are also launching Global Energy Storage Index to track the energy storage industries across the globe including USA, China, Japan, South Korea, Switzerland, India and Canada etc. The index has a good representation of various energy storage technologies like, Lead Acid, Li-Ion, Ultra Capacitors, Nickel based batteries and other emerging technologies. Please have a fist peek at the site: http://gesi.indiaesa.info/ which we are further improving.
The Indian Energy Storage market is in an interesting phase now. There are 19 applications for energy storage in Indian market, which creates 200+ MWh of opportunities for the next five years. India Energy storage Alliance (IESA) predicts that the Renewable integration, Grid applications, Electric vehicle & charging infrastructure and Commercial & Industrial applications will act as the major catalyst for energy storage adaptations in India.
With 70+ member companies, India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) is continuously working towards creating awareness among various stakeholders to make Indian industry more competitive through adoption of Energy Storage, micro-grid technologies & Electric Vehicles (EV) since 2012. We are convinced that energy storage, electric vehicle and micro-grids have potential to transform India's electric grid in next 5-10 years. With growing opportunities globally, we are confident that India will not only be one of the largest markets for advanced storage technologies but it can become a global hub for manufacturing with significant export potential to SE Asia and MEAA region. Over past 5 years IESA has worked diligently to help open up the storage, micro-grid and EV market in India.
Global Energy Storage Alliances (GESA) with its 5 founding associations announced 22nd September as World Energy Storage Day. To celebrate, World Energy Storage Day, on 23rd September 2017, IESA is organising India Energy Storage Policy Forum to have a dialogue between industry & policy makers in order to understand the energy policy scenario & future outlook in India.
IESA welcomes all the stakeholders to join this forum and be a part of this growth story
Registration & Tea: 9:00 AM
Session: 1 (10 AM - 12.30 PM): Policy discussion on Electric Vehicles & Charging Infrastructure, Energy Storage Manufacturing and Innovation
- P C Pant, MNRE, Govt. of India
- Mr Narendra Taneja, National Convener, Energy Cell, BJP, Co-Chairman, Hydrocarbons Committee – FICCI, Member, World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on the Future of Electricity*
- Sajid Mubashir, AMT Program), Dept. of S&T, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
- Anil Shrivastava, Director General - DMEO & Adviser (Infrastructure Connectivity), NITI Aayog
- Praveen Saxena, Head, Skill Council for Green Jobs (SCGJ) (part of Skill India and NSDC)
- Anand Despande, Deputy Director, Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI)*
- Rahul Tongia, Fellow, Brookings Institution India
- Manuj Khurana, Asst. Vice President, Energy Division, Invest India
- Madhusudan Joshi, AGM, ICAT (International Centre for Automotive Technology)
- Jatinder Singh Chandok, Additional General Manager, NETRA, NTPC Limited
- Renuka Gera, GM(ESSG), Energy Storage Solutions Group, BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd)
- Arun V. Rao Addl GM (TSG), BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd)
- Mr. Anil Kumar Soni, DGM (BD), NTPC Limited
- Mr. Ahtaysham Khan, Manager, EESL
Session: 2 (1.30 PM - 4.00 PM): Policy discussion on grid integration of energy storage with RE, off-grid, microgrids and ancillary services
- Dr. P C Maithani (Hydrogen Fuel, Electric Vehicles and NBEM, Energy Storage), MNRE, Govt. of India
- Pankaj Batra, Member (Planning), Central Electricity Authority (CEA), Chairperson of the BIS Committee of LITD 10 and ETD 52 (Electrical Energy storage system)
- Upendra Tripathy, Director General (IDG) of the International Solar Alliance (ISA)*
- M K Anand, Chief Finance, Central electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC)
- A K Mishra, Director, National Smart Grid Mission (NSGM)
- Reji Kumar Pillai, President, India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF)
- K V S Baba, CEO, POWER SYSTEM OPERATION CORPORATION LIMITED (POSOCO)
- S K Soonee, Advisor, POSOCO
- A.K. Jain, Managing Director, Rajasthan Electronics & Instruments Limited (REIL)
- T. S. C. Bosh*, Executive Director, REC, & CEO, RECPDCL, Ministry of Power, Govt. of India
- Subir Sen, ED, Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL)*
- Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst. General Manager, Smart Grid Dept, PGCIL
- Bharat Reddy, Dy General Manager, Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI)
- S S Mishra, AGM, NTPC Ltd.
- Anish Garg, OSD (Power), Delhi Transco Ltd, Delhi Govt
High Tea and Networking: 4: 00PM to 5:30 PM
Other Invitees (Yet to confirm):
Ministry of Power, Ministry of Heavy Industries, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, National Institute of Wind Energy, (NIWE), National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), Make In India, Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA), National Smart Grid Mission (NSGM), Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), DEITY, NLC, Indian Oil, AP TRANSCO, KPTCL,NATRIP, KERC, MERC, Energy Department- Delhi, REMCL, Tamil Nadu Electricity Board, EESL and other State Nodal Agencies
For further queries contact:
Mobile no: 9699719818
10:00 AM To 6:00 PM
|Regular (Available)||$ 123.08||25/30|