The India Energy Storage Alliance (IESA) is a membership driven alliance was launched in 2012 by Customized Energy Solutions to promote energy storage, electric vehicle & micro grid technologies and their applications in India. Over past 7 years, IESA has worked diligently with policy markets, industry stakeholders and consumers to create awareness of energy storage technologies for transforming India’s electric grid in the coming decade. Today, IESA has become the leading body to address the need for a robust energy storage ecosystem in the country.
Being the technology and knowledge hub for energy storage in India, IESA’s experience and expertise cuts across all segments ranging from energy storage, electric vehicles & charging infrastructure, micro-grid, renewable energy etc. IESA is getting a great response from the energy storage industry worldwide and has gained a strong foothold across various stakeholders and technology providers.
IESA is also strengthening the knowledge pool of industry through its publications such as Emerging Tech Radio (ETR) podcast, Emerging Technology News (ETN) magazine, Weekly Newsletters, and various Industry reports.
IESA has strategic alliances with 20+ global and national associations including China National Energy Storage Alliance (CNESA), Energy Storage Alliance –USA (ESA), California Energy Storage alliance (CESA), Germany Energy Storage Alliance (BVES), Energy Storage Canada (ESC), Australian Energy Storage Alliance (AESA), Indo-German Energy Forum (IGEF), Indian Electrical and Electronics Manufacturers Association (IEEMA) and many more.
IESA is also founding member of Global Energy Storage Alliance (GESA) and currently chairs the global alliance including ESA (USA), CESA (California), CNESA (China), BVES (Germany) and ARE (Europe & Africa).
IESA’s vision to make India a global leader in energy storage, electric vehicle & Microgrid technology adoption and hub for manufacturing of these emerging technologies by 2022, by facilitating technology adoption.
IESA’s mission is to make energy sector in India more competitive and efficient by creating awareness among various stakeholders in the industry and by promoting information exchange with the end users.
- Provide members key analyses of existing opportunities for energy storage in India.
- Assess the barriers preventing the adaptation of EES technologies by various market participants including utilities, independent power producers, and industrial customers.
- Provide members an overview of planned and potential rule changes that can remove these barriers.
- Help create case studies for matching the technical capabilities of various storage technologies with opportunities in India.
- Help develop outreach material for educating policymakers and regulators about the role of energy storage.
- Build awareness in end users and potential investors in energy storage about successful energy storage projects from around the world.
- Assess the market potential of energy storage for various applications in India.
- Evaluate current financing mechanisms available for such innovative and emerging products, and propose any alternate financial models that can accelerate the adoption of these technologies in India.
- Organize stakeholder meetings with key financial institutions, project developers, and technology suppliers.
- Organize an annual conference and regional events focused on bringing attention to energy storage for various target segments in India.
India is anticipated to become one of the best markets for the adoption of energy storage technologies due to several drivers like the fastest growing economy, increasing the share of renewables, transmission constraints, need for providing 24*7 quality power and electric mobility mission. As estimated by IESA, the Indian energy storage market is expected to grow to 300 GWh by 2025. Currently with 80+ global and Indian companies as members, IESA works in 3 major verticals of Policy, Projects and Programme.